Hello everyone from a new owner

For all members, this board is the place to say Hi and introduce yourself so we get to know you quicker!

Moderators: Richard, Martin

Hello everyone from a new owner

Postby LucySpringer » 28 Aug 2010, 13:02

I'm Lucy, and my husband and I have got Spitfire - a 12 week old English springer spaniel pup (male, working line) who is adorable, friendly, energetic, challenging, sometimes super-intelligent, sometimes a right muppet, and sometimes I reckon he morphs into his evil twin :roll: . When he's older I'd like to do gundog training with him, although at the moment I find it hard to imagine him being steady, lol.

Both my husband and I grew up with dogs but it's a long time since either of us had a puppy, so we're basically first time owners. I've looked at quite a few posts on this forum and there seems to be plenty of sound, realistic advice (unlike the puppy books I've read that often seem to give only half a solution). I'm certainly going to need some advice, as Spitfire can be a bit of a handful, so thanks guys in advance :)

Lucy and Spitfire
Spitfire - springer spaniel, 3 months
Fluffy Puppy

Re: Hello everyone from a new owner

Postby janz » 30 Aug 2010, 22:49

Hi! There are a few members who post who work with gundogs, and a few who are going to start so youre in good company! :welcome:
Max, aged 10 in April! mongrel rescue
Foster no 8, big 3 yr old boxer..rehomed!
Adopted Nell, brindle boxer Apr2011
"in-consistancy is the enemy of good training" ~ Richard
Schutzhund Dog

Return to Introduce Yourself! - Let other forum members know who and where you are, and what breed of dogs you own...